DIY Three Ingredient Coffee Body Scrub
Give those used coffee grounds a second life with this quick and effective DIY body scrub using only 3 ingredients you have in your pantry already.
- 1 1/2 cup ground coffee beans
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- Dry the ground coffee beans thoroughly in a warm oven (~120degC) for about 30-40 minutes before use.
- Mix all the ingredients together until combined
- Store in an airtight container in a dry environment.
- Scoop out a handful of scrub with dry hands.
- Jump into the shower and dry rub your body with the scrub using upwards circular motions. Avoid the face.
- Turn on the shower and continue the massaging the skin. The sugar crystals will dissolve, coffee grounds will wash away and the coconut oil will moisturise the body.
- Because this scrub doesn't contain a preservative it is really important to ensure no water gets into the mix to prevent the scrub from growing legs and walking out of the shower. Gross...but preventable.
- Using thoroughly dried coffee is ESSENTIAL. Always err on the side of caution and leave them in the oven for a little longer if unsure and lap up those barrister scents from the kitchen.
- Store the scrub in a dry environment when not in use, with the lid on securely.
- Scoop out the scrub with dry hands.
- Don't use the the scrub on the face for the following reasons:
- The scrub is a physically exfoliant that is quite rough, which is great for the tougher skin on our bodies but isnt gentle enough for the more sensitive skin on our face.
- Coconut oil, while a great moisturiser for the body, is comedogenic meaning it can block pores and cause breakouts when used on the face.
SEEH Skincare Founder